Online Virtual Trainer Certificate
Live Online (virtual instructor-led) training has become a standard for learning teams all over the world. Virtual classroom technology enables learning and development teams to reach all audiences, at any time of the day, with just a simple internet connection. But let’s face it, learning to engage your audience using this type of technology is an immense challenge. It requires a unique skill set that combines using virtual presentation, facilitation, and design techniques with technical knowledge to skillfully deliver online learning events.
This 4-session, live online certificate guides individuals and organizations to identify, develop, and practice the necessary skills to become savvy virtual trainers/presenters/facilitators. The certificate also addresses what is required to be properly prepared to deliver online, what one needs to do adjust their individual beliefs around online learning, and how an organization can begin to make the shifts necessary to support a virtual learning culture.
Application on the Job
- Master technical expertise using Adobe Connect to deliver live online events with ease.
- Identify the producer skills necessary to effectively support Adobe Connect training sessions.
- Sharpen the presentation skills necessary to masterfully inspire an engaging online event.
- Develop the unique facilitation skills required to ensure learning transfer in an online event.
- Prepare and deliver a live online activity of your own, following the principles taught and practiced in the live + online learning sessions.
Session 1: Use Adobe Connect to Deliver Engaging Online Training
A demonstration of a model engaging live online training session using the features of the Adobe Connect. This session also covers the basic production skills needed to manage a webinar.
- Define and discover engaging online training.
- Manage the features of the online platform to create a welcoming environment: understanding general room settings, pod and layout management, uploading presentations, using polls, chatting, and whiteboarding.
- Address the most common technical challenges to engaging an online audience like connecting to and managing audio, using annotation tools, and reloading missing presentations!
Session 2: Virtual Presentation Skills
Sharpen the presentation skills necessary to masterfully inspire an engaging online event and practice using the features of Adobe Connect.
- Sound like a radio star, keeping participants engaged.
- Say messages with clarity of meaning and annunciation.
- Show visuals and screen shares that excite an audience to action.
Session 3: Facilitating Adobe Connect sessions, including Breakout Rooms
Develop the unique facilitation and technical skills required to ensure learning transfer in a webinar.
- Ask insightful questions to inspire thoughtful learning and reflection.
- Listen to participant responses and learn to look for meaning even when it cannot be heard.
- Manage small groups in Adobe Connect room using breakout room functionality.
Session 4: Deliver Live Online, Guided Practice
Deliver an assigned portion of a live online event for feedback and coaching from the instructor and certificate peers.
- Practice real time delivery of a portion of an assigned live online event.
- Receive coaching and feedback.
- Create an action plan for future successful delivery of the selected live online event.