Interact and Engage!
Live Online (virtual instructor-led) training has become a standard for learning teams all over the world. Virtual classroom technology enables learning and development teams to reach all audiences, at any time of the day, with just a simple internet connection. But let’s face it, learning to engage your audience using this type of technology is an immense challenge. It requires a unique skill set that combines using virtual presentation, facilitation, and design techniques with technical knowledge to skillfully deliver online learning events.
This 4-session workshop guides individuals and organizations to identify, develop, and practice the necessary skills to become savvy instructional designers for virtual classroom training. The certificate also addresses what is required to be properly prepared to deliver online, what one needs to do adjust their individual beliefs around online learning, and how an organization can begin to make the shifts necessary to support a virtual learning culture.
Application on the Job
- Master technical expertise to deliver live online events with ease.
- Create virtual instructor led materials following current instructional design approaches.
- Select appropriate virtual instructional strategies and activities that engage online learners
- Design and deliver a live online activity of your own, following the principles taught and practiced in the live + online learning sessions.
Topic 1: Choose Activities for Spectacular Virtual Classroom Training
How do we create real learning experiences in a virtual classroom? Is there anything more to it than using chat and polling? Analyze the features of the live online training platform in order to create engaging learning environments.
- Define virtual learner engagement to effectively design the appropriate activities.
- Determine the appropriate level of interaction to design impactful live online training.
- Analyze activities for specific engagement techniques to apply to your own activity design.
Topic 2: Develop Activities for Spectacular Virtual Classroom Training
Develop activities to ensure learning transfer in an online event.
- Create effective solutions that excite an audience to action including visuals and screen shares plus activities like role playing, coaching, and virtual labs.
- Create insightful questions to inspire thoughtful learning and reflection.
- Create engagement using additional online tools and resources (mobile, independent study, social media).
- Avoid the specific areas that cause the most trouble.
Topic 3: Prepare Trainers and Participants to Use the Virtual Classroom
Create instructions for trainers to deliver and produce virtual classes and prepare participants to effectively learn online.
- Create materials to support training delivery / producer skills.
- Prepare participants to launch and participate in effective learning.
Topic 4: Application + Practice: Create a Spectacular Virtual Classroom Activity
Create an activity then receive feedback and coaching from the instructor and certificate peers.
- Create an activity of your own, on your chosen content.
- Present it to the group and receive coaching and feedback.
- Create an action plan for future successful design of virtual classroom training.