Live Online (virtual instructor-led) training has become a standard for learning teams all over the world. Virtual classroom technology enables learning and development teams to reach all audiences, at any time of the day, with just a simple internet connection. But let’s face it, learning to engage your audience using this type of technology is an immense challenge. It requires a unique skill set that combines using virtual presentation, facilitation, and design techniques with technical knowledge to skillfully deliver online learning events.
This 4-session, live online certificate guides individuals and organizations to identify, develop, and practice the necessary skills to become savvy virtual trainers/presenters/facilitators. The certificate also addresses what is required to be properly prepared to deliver online, what one needs to do adjust their individual beliefs around online learning, and how an organization can begin to make the shifts necessary to support a virtual learning culture.
Application on the Job
- Master technical expertise to deliver live online events with ease.
- Create virtual instructor led materials following current instructional design approaches.
- Select appropriate virtual instructional strategies and activities that engage online learners.
- Sharpen the presentation skills necessary to masterfully inspire an engaging online event.
- Develop the unique facilitation skills required to ensure learning transfer in an online event.
- Design and deliver a live online activity of your own, following the principles taught and practiced in the live + online learning sessions.
Session 1: Virtual Platform Technical Skills
Develop technical expertise to run live online events with ease.
- Learn the features of any platform
- Use the platform naturally
- Fix any issues that may arise, and be prepared for ones that are unexpected
Session 2: Virtual Presentation Skills
Sharpen the presentation skills necessary to masterfully inspire an engaging online event.
- Sound like a radio star, keeping participants engaged
- Say messages with clarity of meaning and annunciation
- Show visuals and screen shares that excite an audience to action
Session 3: Virtual Facilitation Skills
Develop the unique facilitation skills required to ensure learning transfer in an online event.
- Ask insightful questions to inspire thought
- Listen to participant’s responses and learn to look for meaning even when it cannot be heard
- Coach participants to greater levels of learning and depth of understanding
Session 4: Deliver Live Online
Deliver a portion of a live online event for feedback and coaching from the instructor and certificate peers.
- Practice real time delivery of a portion of the participant’s selected live online event
- Receive coaching and feedback
- Create an action plan for future successful delivery of the selected live online event